As the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun. This is already the start of our third season at Theater Basel. Lots of things have been, and still are, experiencing a period of transition. A new corporate strategy, a new management model, a new sales and address system, reorganised departments and processes, new theatre catering and a brand-new department called Theater Public, which will generally make an appearance alongside the Foyer Public.
At the heart of our work will be our 36 productions, of which 28 are premieres. In the coming season, we will be welcoming top teams and artists to Theater Basel and working closely with an exceptionally large number of regional cooperation partners. A special mention also needs to go to two special productions for the whole family: Swiss theatre magician Martin Zimmermann presents a circus adventure entitled ‹Ciao Ciao›. And Dutch director Jetse Batelaan is busy working on a premiere called ‹Streit›.
Further, we're planning to celebrate the start of the new season with our cultural partners. Come and enjoy a first theatre premiere in collaboration with Kaserne Basel on 3 September 2022 as part of the Basel Theatre Festival. Two further premieres are scheduled to take place over the weekend of 16 to 18 September 2022, and a big Theaterplatz festival is being staged around the square together with ten cultural partners on 17 September 2022.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Benedikt von Peter
and the Theater Basel team
Subscriptions for the 22/23 season will go on sale on 1 July 2022. A great deal of information is already available and you can book your subscription in advance.
There will be a total of 28 premieres and 8 revivals on show at Theater Basel from August 2022. We are proud to present the full programme in the new 100-page season booklet. Theatre for everyone. Browse through the digital programme here.
Der folgende Inhalt ist für Bildschirmleser leider nicht zugänglich, klicken Sie auf diesen Link, um den Inhalt zu überspringen
Free printed versions of the season booklet are available in the foyer and from the ticket office.
- On 17 September we will be celebrating a Theaterplatzfest with our cultural neighbours. More
- Under Engagement, you will find lots of information regarding donations, sponsoring, bequests and the newly founded circle of patrons. More
- Check out our catering services in the Catering section. Starting in 22/23, our catering will be «total local»! More
- Performances and more await you in the Alte Billettkasse, somewhere between theatre and city. More
- Our ‹opera from below› offering now allows you to experience selected opera productions from the actual orchestra pit. For example, ‹Salome›.
Wir sparen Strom. Der 4-Stufenplan der Stadt Basel wird auch von uns mit umgesetzt. Welche Massnahmen unsere Besucher:innen bemerken und betreffen, lesen Sie im Energie-Sparplan.