One hour before the start of the performance and during the interval, the theatre bars offer a wide range of drinks and small seasonal dishes.
To avoid having to wait, book a table for the interval before the performance at the theatre bar. Your order will be ready and waiting for you at the start of the interval.
Group and company events
Book an Apéro or an Apéro riche for your event during a trip to the theatre.
A theatre café at the top of the Theater Basel foyer will open on 14 November 2020, just behind Elisabethenkirche.
- Tues. – Sat. 11.30 am – 11.30 pm, Sun. 10 am – 10 pm
- With outdoor seating in the summer
- Accessible, wheelchair access adapted toilet via stage entrance
In the foyer of the Schauspielhaus, the Besenstiel Restaurant team serves snacks and drinks one hour before the start of the performance and during intervals. The team also takes care of the catering at premiere parties, Apéros and banquet events.
Restaurant Besenstiel is connected directly to Schauspielhaus.
- Klosterberg 2, Basel
- Tues. – Fri. 11.30 am – 2 pm and 6 pm – 12 am
Sat. 6 pm – 12 am
- Accessible, wheelchair access adapted toilet
Reservations: +41 (0)61 273 97 00