- Inszenierung – Ensemble
- 2 hours 25 minutes with intermission
- Interesting for people from 12+
- With English subtitles
Dürrenmatt classic - the Basel company stages itself
Murder case in the mental hospital! Already the second nurse has been murdered. The perpetrator, one of three physicists, claims to be Einstein. Another thinks he is Newton. To the third, Möbius, King Solomon appears. It soon becomes clear that they are all playing at something here. Möbius has discovered the world formula. He pretends to be crazy in order to keep his discovery, with which mankind could destroy itself, a secret. The other two are secret agents for East and West on a mission to get him on their side. But the genius Möbius, caught in a moral dilemma, chooses isolation. One decides for all - and becomes the pawn of the power interests of a mad-doctor who has long been pulling the strings in the background.
"What concerns everyone can only be solved by everyone," wrote Dürrenmatt. The Basaler Compagnie takes up this credo, does without a director and reconstructs the premiere of 1962 - the set in black and white, as in the pictures of that time, with a red curtain and a dusty image of women.
A cheeky comedy, entirely in the spirit of Dürrenmatt and on his 100th birthday, which demonstrates with playful power how the world and its order come apart at the seams.
Digital book table
Together with the dramaturgy, Basel's Kulturhaus Bider & Tanner has curated the book table for our plays for many years. Now this selection of books, CDs, DVDs, catalogues or even sheet music can be accessed at any time in the online shop. It's worth browsing regularly.
Listen to the ‹introduction to go› for productions on Grossen Bühne and at the Schauspielhaus! Subscribe to our podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts. You can find all episodes in our Media center. More
- Fräulein Dr. Mathilde von Zahnd, Irrenärztin –
- Monika Stettler, Krankenschwester –
- Marta Boll , Oberschwester/ Frau Missionar Lina Rose –
- Dürrenmatt / Richard Voss, Kriminal-Inspektor –
- Ernst Heinrich Ernesti, gen. Einstein –
- Johann Wilhelm Möbius –
- Herbert Georg Beutler, gen. Newton –
- Missionar Oskar Rose / Uwe Sievers, Oberwärter –
- Gerichtsmediziner, Jörg-Lukas –
- Blocher, Polizist / Wilfried-Kaspar / Murillo, Wärter –
- Guhl, Polizist / Adolf-Friedrich / McArthur, Wärter –
More dates to follow