We welcome everyone who would like to become an active part of Theater Basel! There are various opportunities to do so: For all age groups. With and without previous experience. For opera, acting, dance, building or handicraft enthusiasts. This is possible in various productions, projects or ensembles. Welcome to Theater Basel!
We are always looking for cast members for our professional stage productions and other projects. In some cases, there are extensive roles with a lot of text, dance or sound to be filled. Necessary previous experience or further criteria are described in the respective casting announcements in our job portal. More
For the season 23/24 we are looking for participants for the following productions:
‹Das Rheingold› and ‹Die Walküre› are both productions from ‹Der Ring des Nibelungen›. Richard Wagner's monumental opera cycle tells of the downfall of a power system, the fateful failure of the hero and the utopia of love. In Benedikt von Peter's new production, the focus is on Wotan's entanglements of guilt and their ominous effects on subsequent generations. Registration: email@example.com
For ‹Das Rheingold› and ‹Die Walküre› we are looking for:
- Twin boys: boys who enjoy playing and who can take on a leading role in Wotan's family.
- Puppeteers: people who enjoy playing and moving, who will lead and animate superior-sized puppets as puppeteers.
- For both positions, people who would also like to take part in the second part of the Ring in the 24/25 season are particularly welcome.
- Premieres: ‹Das Rheingold›, 9.9.2023 / ‹Die Walküre›, 16.09.2023
- Rehearsals: We rehearse every evening or Saturday morning. In May and June 2023, rehearsals will take place approximately once or twice a week, and the intensive phase will begin in mid-August 2023. More exact dates will follow at the casting.
- Casting date: Thursday, 13 April 2023, 6:00 p.m.
For ‹Das Rheingold› we are looking for:
- Two young men between the ages of 17 and 27 who are keen to play an important role in Wotan's family as part of the family of the gods.
- Premiere: ‹Das Rheingold›, 9.9.2023
- Rehearsals: We rehearse every evening or Saturday morning. In May and June 2023, rehearsals will take place about once or twice a week, and the intensive phase will begin in mid-August 2023. More exact dates will follow at the casting.
- Casting date: Tuesday, 9 May 2023, 6:30 p.m.
- We are looking for approximately 30 to 35 people aged 18 to 80 for a spoken choir in Baseldytsch that will play a central role in the opening production of the play. No stage experience is required.
- Directed by Antú Romero Nunes
- Opening night: 8 September 2023, with further performance dates to be announced at auditions.
- Rehearsals: Regular choir rehearsals and training from June 2023. Expected 3 to 4 rehearsals per week, evenings or weekends. Intensive rehearsals will take place from 14 August to 2 September 2023.
- There is an allowance for rehearsal time as well as remuneration for each performance attended.
- Castings will take place from mid-May.
- Application: With a brief description of your motivation for wanting to be on stage to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 May 2023.
- We are looking for teenagers and young adults aged 15 to 22 for the production of a well-known youth novel. Enjoyment of body work, acting and dance is a prerequisite.
- Premiere: 1 December 2023.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals start in October. Daily intensive rehearsals take place in the last two weeks of November.
- The casting will take place on 5 May 2023, 20:00. Meeting place: Theater Basel, Theaterstrasse 7, 4010 Basel.
- Registration: Until 3 May 2023 to email@example.com
Extras are supporting actors who usually do not have speaking roles and mainly act in the crowd with others and are therefore very important for a credible and lively background picture. In the extras section you can register continuously with an email: Name, age, natural photos and special skills are of interest to our head of the extras department, Robert Keller: firstname.lastname@example.org
The choir of Theater Basel, under the direction of our choral director Michael Clark, is made up of the professional opera choir, the Opera Choir Academy (OCA) and the Extra Choir. The Extra Choir is a choir of well-trained adult amateur singers. It participates in large opera productions or concerts in which a particularly large number of choristers are needed. In regular rehearsals, new pieces are rehearsed and the common choral sound is cultivated. For this reason, membership in the Extra Choir requires not only vocal and acting skills but also a high degree of time availability. As a rule, rehearsals take place one to three times a week in the evenings. There are additional rehearsals directly before premieres and concerts. Admission to the Extra Choir is decided after an audition. Interested persons should contact Pam Herzog: email@example.com
The Foyer Public is a
The staff from the various departments of Theater Basel teach their theatre craft in their communities (neighbours, neighbourhood partners, club colleagues, etc.). A final presentation in the Foyer Public will show what has been created. Further information from autumn 2022.
There are 73 different professions at Theater Basel. From dramaturgy, communication or theatre pedagogy to financial management, pyrotechnics, painting, carpentry, poly design, tailoring, make-up to transport, event technology, gastronomy, building cleaning and many more. We regularly advertise new internships, job shadowing and positions for our house. Unsolicited applications are also possible.