The multi-storey foyer of Theater Basel is home to, among other things, bars, a theatre café and the Monteverdibar. Depending on the time of the actual performance, visitors can choose from a range of options to kick off or round up their theatre experience with us. Once a month, you can also book a highly enjoyable all-inclusive package with ‹Theatre & Menu›.
By the way: You can also come and admire the foyer and its curved prestressed concrete roof, even if you are not visiting an actual performance.
The Foyer Public is open to everyone, Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm. More
Before the performance
One hour before the performance starts, our service team begins serving drinks, including apéros and wine from the Siebe Dupf Winery in Liestal, at the main bar. Sandwiches and Basel cheese tarts are also available as snacks.
During the interval
Our service team also serves guests at the main bar down in the foyer during the interval. The quickest way to receive your snacks and drinks is to fill in an interval table order form. Simply hand the completed form to bar staff before the performance starts.
After the performance
Once the curtain has fallen, continue the evening in the theatre café, which is open for an hour after performances on the Grosse Bühne and Kleine Bühne. More
Tuesdays to Saturdays before every performance on Grosse Bühne and Kleine Bühne, the 'theatre plate' is served in the theatre café. A vegetarian "hors d'oeuvre" plate awaits you if you order in advance, accompanied by a soup, a drink and water. All ingredients are seasonal and regional, in keeping with our motto 'totally local'.
- The theatre plate is available in combination with a performance ticket or can be booked separately until 16:00 the day before
- We will reserve a table for you in the theatre café from 90 minutes before the start of the performance
- CHF 39.- including a drink and water
Booking in the shop or at the box office
Theatre plate 'Winter'
- Pickled beetroot, radish and cucumber, smoked carrot puree, mushroom au gratin with goat's cheese, Jura mountain cheese, grilled apple slice, walnuts, half an organic egg, tarragon mayo, cicorino and parsley vinaigrette
- Served with: chestnut and pumpkin cream soup and baguette
- Including a drink of your choice and Basler mineral water
The catering team will also be waiting for you after the performance for a nightcap or something sweet in the theatre café to round off the evening. (Not included in the price)