- Recommended age: 12+
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Richard Wherlock, we are presenting seven outstanding dance pieces, which will be performed one after the other on all three stages: The evening starts at the Schauspielhaus with ‹Bliss›. Johan Inger has choreographed half an hour of bliss to the unforgettable music from Keith Jarret's ‹Köln Concert›. This is followed by ‹5 Duos› on the Kleine Bühne. This features old favourites, such as Alexander Ekman's humorous pas de deux from ‹Cacti›, and brand new premieres by internationally renowned guest choreographers, including one by Richard Wherlock himself. The evening ends in a ‹Grand Finale› on the Grosse Bühne. Hofesh Shechter's choreography storms the stage with raw power. Intense and highly energetic, the Israeli presents a world in free fall in this piece. A celebration of contemporary dance art!
An anniversary party that enables you to get up and dance is planned for the performance on 23 June 2021.
‹Bliss› was created by Johan Inger to the music of Keith Jarret’s ‹Köln Concert› for the Italian Aterballetto in 2016, winning the Danza & Danza Award in the category ‹Best Production 2016›.
Artistic team and cast:
- Choreography / Performance – Johan Inger
- Costumes – Johan Inger / Francesca Messori
- Lighting design – Peter Lundin
- Rehearsals– Yvan Dubreuil
- Dramaturgy – Bettina Fischer
- Dancers: Gaia Mentoglio / Andrea Tortosa Vidal, Deborah Maiques Marin / Lisa Horten-Skilbrei, Dévi-Azélia Selly / Lydia Caruso, Rachelle Scott / Marina Sanchez Garrigós, Frank Fannar Pedersen / Anthony Ramiandrisoa, David Lagerqvist / Javier Rodríguez Cobos, Mirko Campigotto / Max Zachrisson, Francisco Patricioo / Elias Boersma, Dayne Florence / Giacomo Altovino, Marina Sanchez Garrigós / Celia Sandoya, Stefanie Pechtl / Eva Blunno, Rubén Bañol Herrera / Thomas Martino, Lisa Horten-Skilbrei / Rachelle Scott, Max Zachrisson / David Lagerqvist
Watch choreographies on the Kleine Bühne by Bryan Arias, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Alexander Ekman, Richard Wherlock and Ed Wubbe
Just for the sake of...
Hofesh Shechter's choreography storms the stage with raw power. Intense, powerful and highly energetic, the Israeli presents a world in free fall in this piece. A world in which humanity is heading towards its demise.
Artistic team and cast:
- Choreography / Music – Hofesh Shechter
- Performance / Costumes – Tom Scutt
- Lighting design – Tom Visser
- Musical collaboration – Nell Catchpole, Yaron Engler
- Associate artistic director – Bruno Guillore
- Design assistant (performance, costumes) – Rosie Elnile
- Choreographic assistant / Rehearsals – Kim Kohlmann
- Musical assistants – James Adam, Christopher Allan, Sabio Janiak
- Rehearsal assistants – Cristiana Sciabordi, Manuel Renard
- Dancers: Eva Blunno / Deborah Maiques Marin, Lydia Caruso / Gaia Mentoglio, Lisa Horten-Skilbrei / Tana Rosás Suñé, Stefanie Pechtl / Rachelle Scott, Andrea Tortosa Vidal / Dévi-Azélia Selly, Elias Boersma / Rubén Bañol Herrera, Thomas Martino / Diego Benito Gutierrez, Anthony Ramiandrisoa / Mirko Campigotto, Javier Rodríguez Cobos / Dayne Florence, Max Zachrisson / Frank Fannar Pedersen
- Live-Musiker*innen: Christian Bruder, Fabián Cardozo, Chris Jepson, Jordan Domitille, Uta Wise
Grand Finale is produced in association with Hofesh Shechter Company.